A local foodbank giving food to families in need
Littlehampton Community Fridge
Any family can come and take 5 items of food for their fridge = giving food to families in need.
BBC Children in need Family Essentials
They can deliver or fund critical items such as:
· Electric cookers
· Kitchen equipment and small appliances
· Children’s beds and bedding (including cots)
· Washing machines and tumble dryers
· Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers
· Baby equipment
BBC Children in need Family Essential can provide those things:
Supporting residents facing fuel hardships this winter
To support residents who are facing fuel hardship this winter, the DWP Covid Winter Grant Scheme has been launched by Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice in partnership with the County Council.
What can it do?
It can help with paying for gas, electric and water bills, boiler repairs, purchasing blankets, slow cookers, heaters. Other help may also be available such as mobile phone top ups, energy advice, benefit checks referrals for specialist debt advice.
Examples of who could be eligible:
- Families who have had to claim Universal Credit and don’t have significant savings
- Families on Universal Credit, home schooling and worried about heating their home
- Families in debt and struggling to pay their gas or other bills
- Care leavers on a low income
- People with disabilities who are worried about putting their heating on.
How to refer someone
If you are working with a family or vulnerable person who is facing fuel poverty, please refer them to us using our online referral form:
You can also email referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for this funding is 31 March 2021.
Please note: this is in addition to the existing emergency utility and fuel support offered by Citizens Advice.